Access control and security are provided by locking systems. Security is a primary priority in society now more than ever, whether in administrative buildings, manufacturing plants, public institutions, hospitals, commercial or residential properties.
High-security locks are designed to protect against the attack of criminals, saboteurs, and spies – both outside and inside a protected area by employees, service people, or others who may have or acquire access to one or more locks.
How can OnlyDesi help in finding the best lock dealers near me in Kolkata?
Lock Dealers near you may be found abundantly on OnlyDesi. Our selected service providers have years of experience in the Lock manufacturing industry and have successfully met the needs of hundreds of clients in the past. You can find a lock shop that can provide you the best security service to your home and workplace.
If you're seeking Lock Dealers nearby, you can look through OnlyDesi. Using OnlyDesi Listing, you can see their address and contact information, business hours, services they offer, and much more. You can reach them right away by calling their phone number.
What types of locks are available in the door lock store near in Kolkata?
Door locks can help us to maintain privacy and security by preventing would-be trespassers to our home, office, schools, hospitals and other places where safety is needed.
However, there is a large range of locks available in door lock shops. It is critical to understand the fundamental distinctions between them in order to select the best one for your facility.
So, here are some types of locks that can be found in listed below:
- Knob locks The most popular type of lock is the knob lock, which is also the most common security system for most doors. Instead of being on the door, the lock cylinder is inside the knob.
- Cam locks To prevent unwanted access, these locks are commonly seen in vending machines, filing cabinets, desks, and display cases.Cam locks provide complete security for cabinet doors, making them perfect for storing confidential material.
- Deadbolt lock Deadbolts provide even more protection against strangers and robberies. Single, double, and vertical deadbolt locks are the most common. Their unique locking system is more resistant to physical attacks, such as pounding and drilling, making them less vulnerable to a knife or other hand tool.
- Padlocks They are not permanently affixed to a door or container, unlike other types of locks. They are available in a range of versions that are divided into two groups: keyed and combination. Padlocks are easily identified by its movable nature as well as the looped-handle shackle configuration.
- Mortise locks Mortise locks are strong locks that are used on external doors and come in light-duty and heavy-duty versions. They're more of a lockset than a lock because they have an internal system.
- Keypad locks Instead of a key, a numerical keypad can be used to open keypad door locks. They can have rechargeable batteries , and the actual locking mechanism is usually deadbolt locks, knob locks, or mortise locks.
- Smart locks Smart locks are electronic door locks that can be used in a variety of ways to lock and unlock a door. Smart locks include a keypad and a keyhole. The main advantage of a smart lock is that you can lock and unlock it using a phone or a key fob.
Which electronic lock systems are provided by lock dealers near me in Kolkata?
Electronics may now be used to lock your doors and secure your homes even more. You may now install electronic door locks and keyless pad entry systems in your homes. Perhaps you're considering replacing your tumbler-and-key locks at home or at work with these types of locks. Here are some types of electronic lock system that your lock dealers can provide:
- Magnetic locks An electromagnet and an armature plate are used in these locks. The armature plate is attached to the door itself, while the electromagnet is attached to the door frame. The electromagnet attracts the plate magnetically and keeps the door shut when an electric current is supplied through it.
- Electric bolt locks These are typically used for interior doors and cupboards that require the highest level of protection. They're well-known for being compatible with a wide range of electric systems.
- Electronic keypad locks This is perhaps the most prevalent and well-known form of electronic lock system. To unlock the door, these digital keypad locks require a systematic code or password.
- Bluetooth electronic locks This type of electronic lock, as the name implies, uses bluetooth to regulate entry to any door or room. Bluetooth electronic locks are more commonly found in cars and establishments with a large number of occupants.
- Biometric equipment Biometric devices and locks are the pinnacle of lock technology, and are more commonly seen in workplaces and establishments than in residences. Those who have access to the inside must have their fingerprints or retinas scanned
- Radio Frequency Identification locks To unlock doors, the RFID lock system uses a radio frequency transmitter that transfers the signal. It's mainly helpful because you don't have to be present physically near the door to gain entry.
- Electronic door strikes The classic strike faceplate is typically used to lock latch bar doors, however these electric door strikes are used to replace it. The effectiveness of these electric door strikes is claimed to be significantly dependent on what they are connected with.
What are the benefits of using an electronic door lock with remote control?
There are some advantages of using an electronic door lock with remote control. Some are listed below:
- Easy to use- When it comes to keyless entry, convenience is certainly the first thing that comes to mind. Electronic door locks with remote control are frequently simple to operate and maintain, and some even allow retrofit, allowing you to rapidly convert from a classic mechanical door without disruption.
- Better access control- It's essential to have a better access control system that can manage the specific needs of its users for more security systems at their home or enterprises with large numbers of employees. In this case, a remote control electronic lock system is frequently used.
- Saves money and time for re-keying- Proper management of physical keys necessitates a great deal of organisation and oversight, both of which involve time and money that may be better spent elsewhere. Gaining or removing access is easy and quick with keyless entry locks.
- Refined styling- Many electronic locks on the market today come in an appealing package composed of robust materials that protect not only against unauthorised access but also against the elements.
What should we consider while buying a door lock?
The type of lock your exterior and interior doors require are important factors to consider when purchasing an appropriate lock. It is essential that you take your time while selecting the best lock for your property. Here's a good place to start looking for a high-quality lock for your home.
- Choose a type of door lock that you want to buy. You must select the type of lock that you believe is most appropriate for your residence. Traditional, non-connected deadbolt, and smart locks are the three primary types of locks available today.
- Check the door lock rating. You may know more about the lock system and how it is rated by visiting the company's website.
- Decide your budget. Considering a budget will help you to make a decision about what you're willing to buy in exchange for a specific amount.
- Determine if you need a smart lock. Considering the level of efficiency that a smart lock provides, it is a better idea for you to purchase one. A smart lock makes it simple to gain access to your doors from within your house.
- Stronger door frame and lock. Your door frame should be just as strong as your lock. To attain a high level of security, you must consider the strength of the door frame in addition to its lock.