Most animal owners use pet medicines to keep their pets free of fleas, ticks, and heartworms (external parasites) (intestinal parasites). Outbreaks and infestations in pets can cause itching discomfort or more serious illnesses like anaemia and Lyme disease. Pet owners can use pills, medicated collars, spray dips, shampoos, powders, etc. and to provide these medications to their pets. This provides more security for pets to reside in your homes, which is especially crucial in densely populated places where animal diseases can spread quickly.
How can OnlyDesi help in finding the pet medicine shop near me in Kolkata?
We have a lot of listings of Pet Medicine suppliers near you OnlyDesi. Our featured service providers have years of experience in the Pet med company and have successfully met the needs of hundreds of clients till now. You can select a Pet Medicines shop nearby that can help you get the proper medicines for your pet.
If you're looking for Pet Medicines Suppliers, you can look through OnlyDesi. Using OnlyDesi Listing, you can see their address and contact information, business hours, services they offer, and much more. You can reach them right away by calling their phone number.
What are the essential medicines should one buy for dogs and what are their advantages?
- Heartworm treatment : It is used to prevent heartworm infestations or treat existing heartworm infections.
Importance : Heartworm disease can be transmitted to dogs if an infected mosquito bite them . Heartworm will attack the lungs, heart, and blood vessels and begin to reproduce if dogs are not given heartworm medications before they develop.
- Rabies vaccination : It is used to treat rabies.
Importance : Rabies can be caught by an infected animal's bite, saliva, wound, or mucous membranes. Rabies is a fatal disease that can afflict a wide range of animals, including humans and dogs. So it is very important to give your dogs a rabies vaccine.
- Flea preventive : It is used to prevent flea infestations.
Importance : Flea preventatives work by either killing fleas as soon as they eat the product on your dog or by inhibiting flea growth and egg development after exposure to the product.
- Antibiotics : It used to treat bacterial infections.
Importance : Antibiotics react to different types of bacterial infections in different ways. It's critical to use the right antibiotic on the right bacteria to get rid of it. Bacterial infections can worsen without treatment, leading to organ damage or loss, systemic infection, and even death.
- Other pain management drugs : It treats pain.
Importance : Dogs, like humans, feel pain for a variety of reasons, including surgery, arthritis, and accidents. It's just as vital to take care of your dog's pain as it is to take care of your own. Pain that goes untreated is terrible, and it can lead to snapping, biting, and other behavioural abnormalities.
How are veterinary medicines classified?
The most common categories of medicines veterinary medicine shop near me include:
- POM-V stands for Prescription-only Medicine – Veterinarian
- NFA-VPS stands for Non-Food Animal – Veterinarian, Pharmacist, Suitably Qualified Person
- AVM-GSL stands for Authorised Veterinary Medicine – General Sales List
Which dog allergy medicine in the veterinary medicine store near me in Kolkata can one find to treat their allergies?
Here are few types of dog allergy medicines that can be given to your doctor after consultation with doctor:
- Oral antihistamines : Some of them may be beneficial to your dog's seasonal allergies, but others may be harmful. Before giving your dog any form of antihistamine, see your veterinarian.
- Steroids : Some dogs can benefit from steroid medication to help with itching and other allergy problems.
- Anti-inflammatory medicines : This type of medicine can reduce swelling and inflammation in the skin and reduce itching.
- Fatty acid supplement : It can help your dog's skin and coat stay healthy while also reducing the signs of skin allergies.
- Immunotherapy : Anti-allergy injections on a regular basis can help a dog develop resistance to an environmental allergy trigger, but they will not completely eliminate allergy symptoms.
- Topical products : Topical products, such as specialised shampoos, medicated ointments, and some herbal creams may improve skin and coat health and alleviate itching.
- Anti-flea and anti-tick drugs : These are used on a regular basis and can help relieve the symptoms of flea allergy dermatitis and other skin allergies, as well as guard against more serious insect-borne infections.
Which are the common diseases in birds for which the medicines are given by the bird medicine shop near me?
Some common diseases of birds that need medicines from bird medicine shop near me are:
- Proventricular Dilatation Syndrome : PDS is a condition that causes the heart to
One of the most perplexing avian diseases is Proventricular Dilatation Disease (PDD). The disease mostly affects the nerves that supply the bird's digestive system, but it can also affect nerves that supply other organs.
- Parrot fever : All hookbills are susceptible to "Parrot Fever," a kind of Chlamydia bacterium. The disease is highly infectious, and it can spread from birds to other animals and humans.
- Beak and Feather Disease in Psittacines (PBFD) : PBFD is a deadly sickness that affects all members of the parrot family and has been dubbed "bird AIDS" due to the diseases' similarities. PBFD can affect birds of any age, though the majority of those affected are under the age of two.
- Polyomavirus : Polyomavirus is a disease that mostly affects caged birds, especially parrots. Newborn and immature birds are the most vulnerable, and the sickness is often deadly.
- Candida : Candida, also known as Candidiasis, is a yeast infection that can infect all bird species' digestive tracts. An excess of yeasts normally seen in a bird's digestive system causes the sickness.
Why should pet owners buy medicines for cats from a pet medicine shop near me in Kolkata?
Pet owners should purchase medicines for cats for various reasons:
- IBD (inflammatory bowel disease) is one of the most common reasons for which cats are given medicine . This type of disease necessitates daily meds, a particular prescription cat food, and plenty of tender loving care.
- Infections are another typical reason for giving your cat medicines. Antibiotics are administered for a particular period of time until the infection is cured and your cat is back to his old tricks, whether the illness is caused by a wound or something else.
- Pain medicine may be required in some circumstances to keep your cat calm and pain-free for an extended period of time. A little additional love and attention, as well as fluffing the kitty bed and gentle petting, may make the drug go down easier.
- Hyperthyroid cats may be treated with a transdermal gel medicine. In some situations, the pet owner may find it easier to provide this form of medication.
- Other common reasons for buying medicines for cats are to treat issues like heart disease, diabetes, some forms of cancer, hyperthyroidism, IBS.