Jewellery is one of the most important accessories of women around the world. When a woman gets ready with a good outfit, her look will be incomplete without a perfect piece of jewellery.
Jewellery makes a woman look confident and beautiful. Jewellery is the main part of every makeover for a woman on every occasion like weddings, birthday parties, candlelight dinners, date nights, anniversary celebrations.
Women can carry both heavy traditional jewellery and light contemporary jewellery. Pune is one of the places where you can find various kinds of jewellery in the showrooms.
A piece of gold jewellery can have a lot of sentimental value. If a piece of gold jewellery is handed down to the future generation it will have more sentimental value than monetary value. The jewellery shops have a vital role here to play as the customers will get the unique pieces of jewellery from there only.
What are the types of Indian jewellery?
The tradition of wearing jewellery started approximately 3000 to 6000 years ago and that love for jewellery is still going on.
There are various types of jewellery for different body parts like fingers, ears, nose, neck, arm, waist, wrist, and ankles. Most of the traditional Indian jewellery is made of gold. But there are various types of jewellery available in the market now.
Here are some of the different types of jewellery mentioned below:
- Bridal jewellery: In all cultures, a bride is always the centre of attraction. So the bridal jewellery is mainly heavy and made of gold, silver or other precious stones like diamonds etc to make the bride look like no less than any goddess. Its main focus is to enhance the beauty of a bride in all ways possible.
- Antique jewellery: When a piece of jewellery is hundreds or more years old it is considered an antique piece of jewellery. It is also known as vintage jewellery. Its old design and dull look make it different from all the other jewellery. Antique jewellery is usually very rare and costly to be worn on a daily basis.
- Oxidised jewellery: Oxidised jewellery is very popular these days. Every woman searches for oxidised jewellery at their nearest jewellery shop. This jewellery is made of oxidised silver. It is a process that many jewellers use to make sterling silver into a black patina. These types of jewellery look very antique and it is easily available in the market.
- Temple jewellery: Temple jewellery is worn by the Goddess at the Indian temples. Temple jewellery is made of silver and then plated in gold and decorated with various stones like rubies, emeralds, white sapphires etc. Its heavy designed look makes it popular among all the women for big occasions like weddings.
- Handmade jewellery: In India, there are many independent craftsmen who make handcrafted jewellery. It is very famous even in today’s generation. In Pune, you can find many handmade jewellery showrooms that have a variety of handmade jewellery.
- Bead jewellery: Bead jewellery is another famous piece of jewellery among Indian women. It is a small decorative object with a piercing hole for threading. Beads come from various metals like gold, silver, copper, brass etc. The necklace set, earrings made of beads are very fashionable.
- Custom jewellery: Custom jewellery is also known as junk jewellery or fashion jewellery. Cheaper metals like pewter or nickel are used to make custom jewellery. It is very budget-friendly and very demanding these days. It is available in various jewellery shops in Pune.
- Kundan jewellery: In Sanskrit, Kundan means pure gold. Kundan jewellery is a style where stones like uncut diamonds or polkis are set on a 24-carat gold plate. Gold jewellery is always very royal. Rajasthan is generally famous for making Kundan jewellery.
- Ivory jewellery: Ivory jewellery is made of tusks of elephants. It is a tradition to pass ivory jewellery pieces from one generation to the other generation. Anyone can purchase ivory jewellery from an authenticated showroom.
- Meenakari jewellery: Meenakari jewellery is another famous piece of jewellery where precious stones are fitted and then enamelled with gold. These pieces of jewellery have been very popular since ancient times and now jewellers make them in their showrooms.
- Pachchikam jewellery: Pachchikam jewellery is originally from Kutch and Gujarat. It has been very popular again in the modern century. Pachchikam jewellery is quite fragile and cruder. This piece of jewellery has a silver base and then various stones inserted.
- Lac jewellery: Rajasthan is one of the most popular countries in India that originates lac jewellery which is also known as lacquer jewellery. It is very high in demand among Indian women with all its variety of unique designs.
- Tribal jewellery: As the name suggests, this type of jewellery is made by the tribal people by using wood, bones, twig, thread etc.
Which metals are used to make jewellery?
Jewellery has a very special meaning in our lives. There are various types of metals that are used to make a variety of jewellery.
Here are some of the metals mentioned below:
- Gold: Gold is very expensive metal. It is in bright reddish-yellow colour. Gold is a very traditional metal used in jewellery.
- Silver: Silver is a precious metal. It is less expensive than gold. Silver is suitable metal for necklaces, bracelets, rings, bangles, waist chains etc.
- Platinum: Platinum is highly expensive, white-silver coloured, and tender metal. It is a very rare metal. Many prefer platinum wedding rings for their wedding ceremony.
- Copper: Copper is a reddish-orange, tender metal. It is often used as a base material for many pieces of jewellery.
- Wood: Wooden jewellery is eco-friendly and much popular among women. Bangles, pendants, rings can be made from wood.
- Glass: Glass is another popular object used for making jewellery. Today there are various forms of glass, like sea glass, lampwork, fused glass and Murano used in various jewellery designs.
How OnlyDesi can help you find the best jewellery shop in Pune
OnlyDesi is a website that especially promotes all Indian brands. This website has an enormous number of listed sellers who have a great collection of all types of jewellery. There are also specific jewellery sellers listed on OnlyDesi. If you want to search for any of the specific pieces of jewellery you can apply the filter option. The website has an easy search option that can not only help you find the best jewellery store but also provide the contact details for better communication.